The Zarek Punisher
The Punisher is a Medium Attack ship with a variety of anti-cloak and defensive tools. This vessel is capable of putting up a good fight against the likes of the Ghost and Basilisk, but remember, it’s not an instant win. If a cloaker gets the drop on you first, you’ll need to ensure you land all of your shots consistently and keep moving in order to deliver that punishment.
Plasma effects are applied from the Main Cannon and Plasma Orb which prevent stealth ships from (re)cloaking, meaning you and your team will be able to take it down should it uncloak.
Detect/Slow allows you to both catch the ship out of cloak whilst reducing manoeuvrability, making it more difficult for them to escape. If there isn’t a cloaker in the match, this ability is still useful for slowing other enemy ships.
Environ shield acts as a deterrent to cloakers whom rely on impacts to apply either their status effects, like the Basilisks anchors, or damage, like the Black Widows missiles; making them think twice before unleashing their weaponry on the Punisher.
New Daily Rewards
We have implemented new Daily Rewards to replace both the previous 7 Day rewards and the 0-60 day Star Map. The new daily rewards will not require players to log in consecutively, meaning your progress will not be reset if you do not log in the next day. Additionally, the rewards have been revamped to include items such as: Skins, Ships, Crew Members and more!
Please note, as announced last year, the Star Map will be discontinued. The rewards from them can be obtained by completing the Campaigns within the game.
We have upgraded to Unreal Engine version 4.18 which should reduce the amount of GPU crashes seen on a daily basis, as well as cutting loading times by approximately 45%. We hope this engine update will improve the stability of Fractured Space across the board.
If you are still experiencing frequent crashes, please get in touch with our support team at email@example.com.
New Player Experience
In preparation for the March update we have made some the following changes to the new player experience:
- Co-op and PvP Game Modes now unlocked at Rank 2
- Daily Missions unlocked at Rank 2
- Weekly Missions, Galactic Campaigns, Crew and Implant systems are now unlocked at Rank 3
- Level up rewards from Rank 4 will be 1 Drop Pod and 10,000 Credits
- Starter Crew changed to: Evan Sterling, Nessa Mulligan, Elvy Cooper, Tyrian Demam, Gregorii Durov & Krysten Tchaikovsky
- Removed Razer Chroma compatibility due to performance issues, we will work on getting this fixed soon
- Leaderboards will now update every 3 minutes, rather than having to reboot or enter a match
- Earned Medals will now show on results screen
- Added profile pictures in game on tactical map (TAB)
- Added tooltips to badges
- Badges will now display on the results screen
- Added a ship counters list to the Hangar – Hover over a ship to see what it is strong or weak against
- Engine audio has been redesigned to give an increased sense of scale and power to ship movement
- New and improved end game “defeat” music
Reduced health on Plasma Missiles from 140hp to 84hp, bringing them inline with its other missile loadouts.
- Corrected the highlight around unowned Implants being the wrong shape
- Corrected Gamma loading screen with up to date information.
- Various text fixes in ship and loadout descriptions.
- Fixed an issue when buying a ship with insufficient platinum (and less than seven ships owned) the upsell bundle would show “Insufficient platinum”
- Added missing images for missions 3.5 and 5.4 for both Campaigns
- Clicking on an Ultimate skin in a ship bundle now shows the 3D preview of the ship.
- If an Ultimate skin is selected for the firing range, but not owned, the skin defaults to the wrong hull (specifically, the issue with the Ultimate Gladiator skin being revealed)
- Fixed lighting issues on the Acid Thunder Sentinel Skin
- Fixed an issue where if the player reaches maximum level, the “Player Level” text is still visible on the hangar
- Firing Range no longer always shows your current ship in the filters