Terms and Conditions of Use
About Us: FracturedSpace.com is an online entertainment service operated by Edge Case Games.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all and any use, access and availability of FracturedSpace.com.
In these terms and conditions:
“Edge Case” means Edge Case Games Limited;
“FracturedSpace.com” means the web site, forums and services available at www.FracturedSpace.com, all Communications and all related software programs and materials.
“Communications” means any content, materials, postings, data, messages and communications sent, submitted, posted, placed on, made to or otherwise communicated to, from or using FracturedSpace.com other than by Edge Case.
By using FracturedSpace.com and each time you do so you are telling Edge Case that you understand, accept and are able to accept these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept or understand these terms and conditions you should not use or access FracturedSpace.com or any part of it.
If you are under the age of 18 years and do not understand these terms and conditions please ask a parent or guardian to explain their meaning to you. In any case you must be over the age of 13 years in order use FracturedSpace.com.
Edge Case may make alterations to these terms and conditions from time to time and these variations shall become effective immediately upon being accessible from www.FracturedSpace.com.
By using and accessing FracturedSpace.com you confirm that you have the necessary hardware, software and capability required and that you shall be and shall remain responsible for all fees due in respect thereof. Edge Case shall have no liability in relation to any hardware, software or other services required to make use of FracturedSpace.com.
Registration, Account and Password
In order to use and access FracturedSpace.com you will need to register. To Register you will need to submit certain information and choose a User Name, and a Password.
The User Name and Password chosen by and issued to you upon registration with Edge Case is personal to you so that you can use and access FracturedSpace.com and must not be disclosed to any person without Edge Case’s prior written consent.
You agree, accept and understand that:
- you must ensure that all information held about you by Edge Case is up to date and that you can amend your registration details at any time through FracturedSpace .com
- you are and shall remain responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Name and Password
- you are solely liable for any use of FracturedSpace.com using your User Name, and Password whatsoever
Do not share your user name or password with any other person or allow any other person to use your account. Edge Case is not liable for any improper use of your login ID, user name, password, or account or any use by any third party. If you think your login ID, password, or account have been compromised you must inform Edge Case immediately.
You undertake that all the information supplied during registration is truthful, complete and correct. If the information you have supplied is incomplete or incorrect you agree to indemnify Edge Case against any loss or damage incurred by Edge Case and any third parties who may suffer damage as a result of the information that you have supplied.
Rights of Use and Intellectual Property Rights
Subject to these terms and conditions and your compliance with them, Edge Case grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal, limited licence to access and use FracturedSpace.com solely for your private, non-commercial, personal use only.
This licence includes the limited right to download content, materials, data and communications temporarily, for purposes solely connected with the private, non-commercial, personal use of FracturedSpace.com.
You may not transfer, sub license or deal in this right without Edge Case’ prior written permission.
These terms and conditions and the rights granted by them do not give you any title or rights of ownership in FracturedSpace.com and should not be deemed a sale or transfer of any copyright or other right.
Unless otherwise expressly specified, all copyright, design rights, database right, patent rights, trade mark and trade dress rights and other intellectual property rights in FracturedSpace.com belong to and vest in Edge Case, or are licensed to Edge Case.
All intellectual property rights of Edge Case are hereby asserted and reserved.
All third party trade names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners and Edge Case makes no warranty or representation in relation to them.
Edge Case does not claim or assert any right title or interest in any third party Communications.
Restrictions and Obligations
You agree to comply with these terms and conditions and all rules applicable to the use of FracturedSpace.com.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions you agree and undertake not to:
- hack, attempt to hack, modify, adapt, merge, translate, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works out of FracturedSpace .com or any part of it
- remove, disable, modify, add to or tamper with any program code or data, copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices and legends contained on or in FracturedSpace.com
- create software which mimics any data or functionality in FracturedSpace .com
- use or deal in FracturedSpace.com except as permitted by these terms and conditions
- use your access to FracturedSpace.com, or information gathered from it, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email
- make any public, business or commercial use of FracturedSpace.com or any part of it
- display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use FracturedSpace.com and the information contained therein for the benefit of any third party or web site
- use or process FracturedSpace .com or any part of it unfairly or for any illegal or immoral purpose
- delete or obscure any copyright or other proprietary notice on FracturedSpace.com
Forum and Communications
FracturedSpace.com is an entertainment and information service and ancillary to this Edge Case is involved in the transmission, storage, retrieval and dealing with Communications without review, selection or alteration of their content – for which it is a mere conduit.
The views expressed in any Communications are the views of the individual authors and not those of Edge Case unless specified otherwise by Edge Case.
Edge Case is not responsible for and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any Communications.
By using FracturedSpace .com you acknowledge that Edge Case has no responsibility to review the content of any Communications and that all Communications are made available on the basis that Edge Case is not required to and does not exercise any control or judgement of their content.
Notwithstanding the foregoing Edge Case shall be entitled to remove or reject any Communications and remove or suspend your ability to make or access Communications.
You agree that Edge Case may use, publish, edit, modify and adapt your Communications for any and all purposes relating to FracturedSpace .com and the business of Edge Case and you hereby grant it an unrestricted non-exclusive right and licence and all necessary permissions, consents and licences required for it to use your Communications in that way. You further waive all so called moral rights in your Communications.
You agree and undertake that you will not make any Communication or post to or transmit to FracturedSpace .com any statement or material, nor use FracturedSpace.com in any way, that:
- is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability
- promotes any illegal or unlawful activity
- infringes any copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party or assists infringement or piracy
- includes any computer virus, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or technically harmful data
- is abusive, pornographic, defamatory, discriminatory or obscene
- harasses any person
- markets or promotes any third party
- interferes with another user’s use and enjoyment of FracturedSpace .com
- impersonates any moderator, administrator or any staff or other persons connected with Edge Case
- infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, including unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, e-mail address, physical address or phone number, and/or rights of publicity
- includes restricted / password protected content or materials
- exploits any other person
- solicits passwords or personal information
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, buying or selling illegal drugs, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses
- contains video, photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian)
- tries to gain unauthorized access to any computer, servers or any part of FracturedSpace .com including its servers, network and the computers of other users
- tries to gain unauthorized access to any profiles, blogs, chat rooms, communities, account information, bulletins, or other aspects of FracturedSpace.com
- engages in or solicits commercial activities or sales without Edge Case’s prior written consent such as, without limitation gambling, betting, sweepstakes, sale
- advertising, investments and pyramid schemes
- refers to any material that is inappropriate
- seeks or attempts to make any arrangement to meet a child under the age of 16 or which may have such a meeting as its object or effect
- contains any restricted material, including but not limited to passwords, medical information or confidential information of any person; or
- solicits, invites, encourages, advocates, incites or provokes any or all of the foregoing
If you discover any material which you believe contravenes these terms and conditions please inform Edge Case or a forum moderator with details of the page you found it on.
It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. People may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading, unlawful or illegal. Edge Case has no way of telling if statements made by other users are true. This is a decision that can only be made by you. You should therefore exercise some degree of caution when using any web site. By using FracturedSpace .com and its services you accept that this is the case and accept that you therefore use FracturedSpace .com at your own risk. Please take particular care in relation to the disclosure of your own personal information such as your surname, address, email address, telephone number and places you go.
You acknowledge and agree that, if necessary, Edge Case will communicate with you via the email address you have provided to Edge Case. Notices that are applicable to all Edge Case’s customers shall be made available on the FracturedSpace.com websites or otherwise within FracturedSpace.com. You will be deemed to have received a notice at the time the email is sent or the time the notice is posted on FracturedSpace.com.
All emails sent by Edge Case and attachments thereto are intended for the addressee only.
Edge Case provides and maintains FracturedSpace.com for personal entertainment on an “as is” basis and is liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care.
External Sites have not been verified or reviewed by Edge Case and all use and access of External Sites is made at your own risk. “External Sites” means third party web sites and online services to which FracturedSpace.com links.
Edge Case gives no other warranty in connection with FracturedSpace.com and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Edge Case excludes liability for:
- any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem which Edge Case has been made aware of
- the accuracy, currency or validity of information and material contained within any Communications or FracturedSpace.com
- any interruptions to or delays in updating FracturedSpace.com
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on FracturedSpace.com
- the infringement by any person of any copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party through any Communication or use of FracturedSpace.com;
the availability, quality, content or nature of External Sites
- any transaction involving External Sites
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading FracturedSpace.com, or any Communication
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms and conditions which but for this notice would have effect
Edge Case does not warrant that the operation of FracturedSpace.com will be uninterrupted or error free.
Edge Case will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen contingency beyond the reasonable control of such party including Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms and conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms and conditions are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree that in relation to your use of FracturedSpace.com you will not in any way conduct yourself in a manner which is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability or which might call into disrepute FracturedSpace.com.
You agree that you are and shall remain responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Password and membership account and for all activities that occur under your account.
You hereby indemnify, defend and hold Edge Case and Edge Case’s officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability and costs (including reasonable attorneys fees) incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of these terms and conditions or claims arising from your use of FracturedSpace.com any Communications and any use of your membership account. You shall use your best efforts to cooperate with Edge Case in the defence of any claim. Edge Case reserves the right, at Edge Case’s own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
Without limiting to any other rights it may have Edge Case may remove, restrict, cancel or suspend access to and use of FracturedSpace.com and any part of it, if it considers (in its sole discretion) that you have breached of any of these terms and conditions.
© 2014-2017 Copyright – Edge Case Games