We’ve just rolled out a new update for Fractured Space, with a host of optimisation and quality-of-life changes. With several ship alterations also in place, there’s plenty to take in. See the full patch notes below.
PATCH NOTES – 26 MAY 2016
- Daily Missions now restart at 06:00 UTC instead of 00:00 UTC.
- Made tweaks to the Lobby text to improve new user experience.
- Added a link to your Inventory from your Profile.
- Added a link to your Inventory from the Barracks page.
- Removed mention of Frontline when reaching level 5 as it’s disabled until it has been fixed.
- Tidied up all the page side menus to give consistent spacing and an improved look of the inventory button.
- Optimisation pass – most newer visual effects have had their indirect lighting set to off.
- Optimised settings on all planet, atmosphere, sun and moon blueprints (collision off, shadows off wherever found), optimised LOD distances on newer asteroids.
- Proving Grounds: – Added lava planet to gamma and set up atmosphere rings.
- Drafting: – Quitting drafting now counts as a game loss.
- Server name and ping is now also displayed during drafting.
- The game will now display Matchmaking system messages every 30 seconds to give users a bit more feedback of what is going on behind the scenes.
- Added a new loading tip to the game. This tip details the shipyard.
- Added sounds for medals being awarded on the results screen.
- Changed Drop Ships to Supply Ships in the Store to avoid confusion with the Drop Pods.
- Fixed the cursor not appearing in main menu.
- Fixed an issue where the Results Screen would sometimes not appear.
- Added a fix for servers shutting down before they’ve finished writing essential fireline data (match results etc).
- Fixed a Coherent issue where a news hub would cause entire screen to blank out when scrolled.
- Boosted the booster sounds which weren’t cutting through results screen music.
- Removed some invalid VO statements from VO data that would cause failed event triggers.
- Added a change to prevent the crew image background clipping outside of frame.
- Potential fix for USR decals down-resing.
- Fixed an issue where game menu can appear underneath drafting.
- Fixed an issue where the scoreboard (default key: Tab) would show on jump map (default key: Shift).
- Fixed an issue where the highlighter appeared too early in the Proving Grounds flow on the results screen which was allowing players to click the boost button before they were supposed to. This trapped players in the results screen.
- Match Warm Up: – A message box will notify if the player has returned to the Frontend after a match in warmup has not started.
- Adding a performance enhancing feature to two materials in the game which are most likely to overdraw – the explosion and smoke material. The logic added has a camera fade and a function so that when the opacity reaches zero the sprites are shifted up 50k in world space.
- Added a change to stop a previously opened pack from flashing up before new pack is opened if it takes a while for the pack data to come back.
- On a fresh install for a player who has completed the Proving Grounds you must select a ship before entering matchmaking. If there is no ship in the hanger your client will not connect to the server.
- Added a quality-switch material so that we can render missile trails only on ‘low’ settings. Added it to the Raven premium missile used by the Azrael as proof-of-concept.
- Fix for Disruptor hull causing crashes sometimes (most commonly in the menus).
- Fixed missing Guardian impact VFX on low quality setting.
- Point Defence VFX and SFX will now play when Paladin is directly above an enemy ship.
- Removed Paladin’s Purge Torpedo’s ability to purge Heal Over Time status.
- Moved the Raider back down one column to correct Shipyard placement after insertion of the Superlifter.
- Alternative variant sound for Superlifters Disable Engines AOE.
- Increased the Superlifter Heal Buoy Health from 50 to 100hp.