The “January” Patch is here…in February.
We are preparing the servers now for the patch rollout and hope to be up as soon as possible, in the meantime, let’s take a look at the changes.
New Weekly Leaderboards v1
Within your Profile, for this patch, we have included a new feature, Leaderboards. Applicable to both PvP and Quickplay, so you can duke it out to be the best in your fleet of friends or strive to be Number One in the entire galaxy.
Here’s how it works:
There is one score on the Leaderboard which is based on your top three games each week. That score is calculated on how well you play the ships you are in (calculated by your XP per minute in a match) – so if you are playing Support you don’t have to chase Takedowns to do well, likewise if you’re playing a capping ship you can focus on your job – it all counts towards your score.
We compare the XP per minute you earn in a match to what the average is on that ship. Score better than the average and you will get higher scores on the leaderboard. We then take your three best matches and add them to your overall score, regardless of how many ships you use or how many games you play – a poor game will not bring your score down (while a good game will bump it up, so there is every reason to get one more game in).
The Leaderboard will be refreshed every week at 10:00 UTC on Tuesdays and the top five players at the end of the first week will each earn the Mimas Gladiator Ultimate Skin (also available from the store).
New Badges v1
Badges are cosmetic items awarded for unlocking the final tiers of Medals – this includes all of the current Fractured Space Medals and Masteries. When unlocked, Captains will be able to equip a Badge and display them for everyone to see.
Once equipped, these badges will appear when another Captain targets you, in the TAB screen, and on the Results screen.
A range of special Badges are available too, gifted to those of you who were founders, for tournament winners, and for things like meeting the Edge Case Games team in person.
New Gladiator Ultimate Skin
Joining the Store are TWO variants of the new Gladiator Ultimate Skin, The Calypso, and The Mimas. It’s not about the speed of the ship, but how fast you look. Deck yourselves out in these racing liveries ready for pole position. Purchase them individually or get a discount and purchase them as part of a bundle.
Even better, owners of the Ultimate Skin Bundle will have both of these variants in their Inventory as we have made several changes to this Steam Pack.
The following will be added to the Ultimate Skins Pack:
- Colossus Charon Ultimate Skin
- Raider Akula Ultimate Skin
- Gladiator Mimas Ultimate Skin
- Gladiator Calypso Ultimate Skin
- Colossus Ship
- Raider Ship
- Gladiator Ship
The price of the Ultimate Skins Pack will remain the same as it currently is, and if you already own the Ultimate Skins Pack, these changes will automatically occur once you have the updated client.
Any duplicate skins that you already own will burn for 2400 Platinum.
We’ve had our Art Team give the Homebase a new lick of paint with a texture rework and optimization pass.
We’ll let the pictures do the talking.
For more images, see here
- Ships are now purchasable from the store page, with an option to filter via manufacturer and unowned ships.
- Reduced all armor sides from 2000 to 1750hp.
- Plasma Cannon: Introduced falloff on the ship’s main weapon, starting at 7500m and tapering off linearly to 75% damage at max range.
- Increased the HP slightly on all Displacer Marker variants to increase the likelihood of it getting through Point Defense and connecting with the target.
- Target Blink: Increased cooldown from 20 to 25s.
- Added an additional turret to the front of the ship. The number of forward-facing turrets has now increased from two to three.
- Back by popular demand: The old, slower Charge Cannon makes a return, and is now been renamed to the Heavy Charge Cannon.