As it turned out, the distress call located in The Rift was nothing but a well-devised recruitment ploy, organized by Newton Siddis himself. He was never in any real danger, but was in fact, sat in a nearby cargo ship containing the very reason he came to The Rift – a shard of an Ark’ain Artefact.
All that’s required now is to escort Siddis and his Payload to his Research Facility, located in Sigyn’s Breath; trouble is, a few factions have caught wind of his findings, some of which will do anything to stop his experiments on such a volatile substance…
Focus the Payload and secure the victory in Catalyst. Work as a team to escort the rigged Artefact to the enemy base in this new single sector mode. Kaboom!
Be sure to keep control of the two Mining Facilities located in Sigyn’s Breath to ensure that you and your Team have the upper hand over your opponents in levels while also trying to push the Payload as far away from your base as possible.
You only have fifteen minutes to escort the Artefact as far as possible, if at the end of the time no one has successfully delivered the package, the team who has pushed the Artefact further will be declared the winners.
Chat wheel commands in Fractured Space now have the ability to beam a holographic emote above your ship in-game.
All players will have access to the ‘Affirmative’ emote for free. Select Affirmative on the chat wheel, and the emote hologram will appear in-game for your team to see.
Each command on the chat wheel has a corresponding emote – emotes can be unlocked via purchasing them individually in the store for 200 platinum, or as part of an emote bundle. The Starter Emote Bundle available in the store nets you all seven emotes at a 40% saving against buying them individually.
An exclusive Catalyst ‘Push Payload’ emote is also available to earn for free in the Catalyst Episode Rewards.
Coming in a future update, you will have the ability to add and unlock custom emotes not tied to commands on the chat wheel.
Owned Emotes can be viewed in the Profile page, under the Emote heading.
Russian/Simplified Chinese Support
The game has been translated in Chinese and Russian, along with the already released English and German.
The languages can be selected from the launcher – right above the launch button or in the launcher settings.
Get playing the Catalyst game mode and pushing that payload, and you can earn yourself some exclusive rewards:
- 125,000 meters pushed – ‘Focus Payload’ Emote
- 500,000 meters pushed – Exclusive Galactic Express Badge and Nameplate
- 1,250,000 meters pushed – Superlifter Galactic Express skin
The episode rewards will end on the 28th August 2018.
Catalyst Episode Pack
The Episode Pack is back for Episode 3: Catalyst, including amazing items worth over 9000 platinum not available anywhere else in-game:
- Catalyst Hangar Environment
- Exclusive Badge & Nameplate
- Three Galactic Express Skins (Centurion, Paladin, Brawler)
- Two permanent Energy Mods
- 3 x Implant Pods (15 implants in total)
All available for 2000 platinum in the bundle’s page of the store.
Only available until the 28th August 2018
Galactic Express Ship Skins
Desperate haulage company ‘Galactic Express’ have entered the fold to help push the payload for any paying clients. Join the company now and fly the Galactic Express livery in-game.
Galactic Express Heavy Skin Pack – 2079 platinum
Galactic Express Attack Skin Pack – 2079 platinum
Also, four other Galactic Express skins available in-game via the Catalyst Episode Pack and Episode Rewards.
Only available until the 28th August 2018
Listen out for any upcoming events in August for your chance to earn some not-yet-released Galactic Express skins.
- Subtitles are automatically enabled when changing the game language from English.
- Subtitles now exist for the majority of in-game videos, and for game mode narrators. There are also subtitles in-game for Flynn’s VO Lines if the user has Flynn enabled as their main crew member.
- Cap sphere’s around mines and home bases have now been updated to have less of an impact on performance. This has changed their visual appearance in-game.
- Re-worked the pools of AI captains for co-op players. There should now be fewer matches at the highest level of difficulty.
- Adding a plethora of new ship nameplates. These are obtainable from drop pods.
- Nameplates are now sorted by categories for easier navigation
- Fixed client crash relating to PhysX issues.
- Fixed Disruptors hitbox so it shots hitting the ship are more accurate and do not pass through the ships model.
Watchman – Reworked
Replaced the volley fire Watchman Cannon with a single shot Railgun.
Max Range: 22,515m (1.185s x 19,000m/s)
Optimum Range: 7000m to 22,500m
Reverse Damage Falloff: 35% damage dealt from 0m to 7,000m
Base Damage: 120ppd
Charge Damage Multiplier: 4x
The Railgun auto-charges and fires a single shot projectile at long range. It deals less damage at close range.
Replaced Charge Cannon with Short-Range Void Cannon.
Short-Range Void Cannon
Range: 7,500m (0.5s x 15,000m/s)
Base Damage: 10 ppd
Base Cooldown: 0.33s
The Short-Range Void Cannon is an active short-range weapon. It provides the Watchman with 360-degree firing-arc coverage across the ship.
Ability 3 (Countermeasure Mines)
Replaced Countermeasure Mines with Corrode Drones.
Range approx: 36,000m
Armor Corrode Time: 30s
Hull Damage per drone: 30
Armor Damage per drone: 50
Wing Size: 8
Maximum Operational Duration: 30s
Squad Returned Casualty Cooldown: 20s
Squad Dead Cooldown: 75s
Corrode Drones can be ordered to engage enemy ships at long range, dealing damage to all armor facings over time.
New primary weapon loadout option.
Replaced Fan Repeater with Plasma Repeater.
Max Range: 12,000m (1.6s x 7,500m/s)
Optimum Range: 7,000m (Damage falls off to 30% at 12,000m)
Plasma Damage: 57ppd
Impact Damage: 2ppd
Volley Count: 8
Volley Damage: 472
Plasma Repeater fires plasma projectiles with minor impact damage, it receives little benefit from broken armor. However, with no magazine system, this weapon allows for more active use and improved sustain damage.
– Improved armor across all armor facings from 1,000 to 1,150.
– Damage reduction lowered from 30% to 20%.
– Max Acceleration increased to 40%
– Max Acceleration increased to 60%
– Max Acceleration increased to 37%
– Spool-up time has been removed on all relevant Leviathan primary weapons.
- Emote Hologram projectors appear on ships in match end videos.
- Certain videos will not have voice over if watched in succession.
- Rejoining a Catalyst game in progress will not remove the Objective dialogue box
- Catalyst event progress is missing an Image on the progress tab of the results screen
- Surrendering in a match of Catalyst doesn’t show the correct outro
- Chat functionality is unavailable once the Catalyst end game video triggers