– When you have earned a Drop Pod at the end of a match the Lobby overlay will obscure the collection button when you return to the front end. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Your collected Drop Pods will be available for use from your inventory.
– Previous owners of Premium Ships who had not unlocked the regular variant of that ship will temporarily be unable to use their Ultimate Skin(s) for that ship. We are restoring ownership of the basic ship variants presently and you will receive your ship at some point between now and midnight UTC on Saturday 16th July. If you do not wish to wait that long you may buy the ship immediately.
Update to Unreal Engine 4.11
– This update of our game engine includes over 2,000 bug fixes and improvements which will result in the game performing better and being more stable for many players. You may not notice 2,000 individual changes to the game but the overall improvement will almost certainly be noticeable.
– The single sector game variant Frontline makes a welcome return to the game. Battle across the three mines to gain a resource advantage over your opponents in randomised ships. Changes to Frontline include:
..You will now spawn in front of your allied base rather than in the warp tunnel.
..The Paladin, Superlifter and Basilisk are now included in the randomised ship selection.
Tech Tree Removal
– Ships are now directly purchasable through the Hangar in any order.
– Removed the Shipyard button from the header.
– Premium Ships have been replaced with Ultimate Skins. The effect of the skins on appearance and bonuses is the same as on Premium Ships except now players have the full range of loadout options available. Select your Ultimate Skin as you would any other skin choice. All Ultimate Skins give the player a 20% boost to credit earning.
– Manufacturer XP has been removed from the game, as such the bonuses for Founders have also changed:
.. Scavenger – no change, remains the same (0 xp, 0 credits)
.. Forerunner – no change, remains the same (0 xp 2% credits)
.. Harbinger – changed (2% xp, 3% credits becomes 5% credits)
.. Vanguard – changed (5% xp, 5% credits becomes 10% credits)
– MMR will no longer be displayed in the Lobby and results screen for players below Rank 5.
– Created a logical mixer system for prioritising/deprioritizing audio based on relevance to local player, calculated according to gameplay factors (e.g. targeting/team/distance).
– Fixed Point Defense fire sound staying on until system deactivation if triggered but then firing stops for a reason other than system deactivation e.g. as a result of moving out of range.
– Point Defense sounds were broken by changes to the way the subsystem works – made corresponding changes to the way sounds are triggered and positioned.
– Lowered the amount of armour damage the Black Widow’s Armor Missiles deal. Was 188 armour damage, now 150. Totalling 2000 damage if all 8 missiles hit instead of 2304.
-Linear Cannon turrets now appear slightly larger (a purely aesthetic change).
– Ion Drones no longer apply any slowing effect to their target.
– Infiltrator’s Ion Drones health decreased from 60 to 45.
– Reduced Infiltrator’s slugthrower PPD from 28 to 23.
– Increased duration of stack from 20 to 23s
– Stacking is now set to Stack and Refresh so that it will refresh the oldest stack if full.
-The Interceptor’s Gauss Driver can now continue to charge & shoot if you aim outside of its firing arc. As a result of this change, you can currently activate the weapon while aiming outside of its firing arc as well (subject to change).
– The Leviathan’s Fusion Beam will no longer stop firing if you aim outside of its firing arc. You can now also activate the fusion beam even if aiming outside of its firing arc (subject to change).
– Overseer’s Auto-Orientate now set to a toggle rather than a hold.
– Persecutor’s Blink Suppression Slow set to 10% on all flight model attributes.
– Removed the Self-debuff on the Persecutor’s Mobility Suppression and variants.
– Energy Leech Beam renamed to Absorb Beam
– Persecutor’s Absorb Beam has a re-fire rate of 0.1 down from 0.2. This is due to the ability using one beam instead of two now.
– Persecutor’s Absorb Beam leeches same amount as before but does not affect the enemy as much: was 25 energy per tick, now 10 energy per tick.
– Removed Energy cost when using the Absorb Beam and Fusion Charge ability. Was 500 and 1000 respectively, now 0.
– Fusion Charge and variants will now fire ahead of the Persecutor instead of behind.
– Persecutor’s Fusion Charge can now adjust lifespan to reach target.
– Increased the vertical acceleration of the Persecutor but lowered the vertical deceleration to give it more inertia
– Decreased the top speed from 560 to 550.
– Absorb Beam now has new turrets.
-Reworked sector – Obulon Cascade – floor level removed, asteroids restructured in preparation for new asteroid assets that are coming next patch.
-Kill Bounties – Death Streaks removed. Previously the kill bounty for a player started at 300 and was reduced by 50 each time they died, to a minimum of 100. All kills are now worth at least 300.
-Kill Bounties – Kill Streaks extended. Each kill a player has since their last death increases their Kill Bounty by 50, up to a maximum of 1500.
– Black Widow’s Plasma Missiles have correct naming in-game
– Brawler’s Auto Thumper and Thumper Blast have extended descriptions.
– Renamed Brawler Concuss to Concuss Pulse.
– Renamed Brawler’s Harpoon SlowPull to Harpoon Pull.
– Renamed Brawler’s Launch Harpoon SlowPull to Harpoon.
– Renamed Brawler’s Fighters to Brawler Fighters.
– Colossus now has red dot to assist aiming.
– Renamed Colossus’s Disable to Engine Shutdown.
– Renamed Colossus’s Swarm Fighters to Slow Fighters.
– Colossus stock boost can now be purged.
– Colossus boost effect now correctly cuts off if purged.
– Corrected Colossus Fighter description and asset used for their fighter squadron.
– Fixed issue with Colossus Dorsal Missiles moving to Slot 1 in-game.
– Prevented the Colossus hull from occluding its own sounds.
– Renamed the Destroyer’s ‘Light’ and ‘Heavy’ Jamming to ‘Tactical’ and ‘Strategic’ Jamming respectively.
– Tactical and Strategic Jamming now have descriptions.
– Fixed an issue where the Destroyer would revert to default on death.
– Renamed Destroyer’s Nighthawk Missiles to Destroyer Missiles.
– Renamed Destroyer’s Bombers to Destroyer Bombers.
– Corrected turret placement on the Destroyer’s Ares Skin.
– Displacer now has descriptions on its non-default loadouts.
– Typhoon Displacer Linear Cannon information corrected.
– Renamed Displacer’s Fighters to Displacer Fighters.
– Disruptor Light Detect Slow and Slow pulse now have descriptions.
– Corrected inconsistency in the Disruptor’s Ability Shutdown description.
– Renamed Disruptor’s Blaster to Disruptor Blaster.
– Renamed Disruptor’s Detect Slow to Detect/Slow Pulse.
– Renamed Disruptor’s Jump 2 Ally to Blink To Ally.
– Renamed Equalizer’s Health Leech to Syphon SmartGun.
– Renamed Equalizer’s Light Health Leech to LGT Syphon SmartGun.
– Renamed Equalizer’s Heavy Health Leech to HVY Syphon SmartGun.
– Renamed Equalizer’s Purge Field to Purge Pulse.
– Renamed Equalizer’s Osprey Torpedo with Plasma Torpedo.
– Renamed Equalizer’s Plasma Osprey with Plasma Yield Torpedo.
– Renamed Equallzer’s Kinetic Osprey Torpedo with Kinetic Plasma Torpedo.
– Equalizer’s Spotting Buoy now fires 3,000m ahead of the ship, like stock load out.
– Aesthetic fix. Enforcer’s Right Taser Shot Turret unable to aim downwards.
– Renamed Enforcer’s Tazer Shot to Concuss Shot.
– Renamed Enforcer’s Tazer Coil Shot to Slow Shot.
– Renamed Enforcer’s Tazer Arc Shot to Concuss Arc Shot
– Corrected Enforcer’s Cap Mod Buoy (and variants) Cooldown in description.
– Fixed missing VFX and SFX when boosting in the Cerberus skin variant.
– It was possible for the Ghost/Phantom’s Ambush to appear as if they hit on the client but actually miss on the server (or other way around). This is no longer possible, they will now always appear the same on both the client and the server.
– Renamed Ghost’s Rockets to Ghost Rockets.
– Renamed Gladiator’s Mag ProxMines to Gladius Mines.
– Renamed Gladiator’s Shock MagMines to Slow Mines.
– Renamed Gladiator’s Fusion MagMines to Fusion Mines.
– Renamed Gladiator’s Javelin Missiles to Gladius Missiles.
– Renamed Gladiator’s Bombers to Gladius Bombers.
– Fixed Galdiator Cannon LGT variant fire sound not reliably playing.
– Fixed Buoy Destroyed VO triggering when launching a new buoy which caused an existing one to be destroyed.
– Renamed Guardian’s L.R. Cannon to Guardian Cannon.
– Renamed Hunter’s Cannon to Hunter Cannon.
– Renamed Hunter’s Faster Cannon to LGT Hunter Cannon.
– Renamed Hunter’s Heavy Cannon to HVY Hunter Cannon.
– Renamed Hunter’s Detect to Detect Pulse.
– Renamed Infiltrator’s Area Disarm to Disarm Pulse.
– Infiltrator can now cloak after using disarm pulse
– Interceptor’s Ion Concussion Missiles can no longer be fired at a targeted ally
– Renamed Leviathan’s Fighters to Leviathan Fighters.
– Renamed Leviathan’s Create Jump Point to Jump Point.
– Corrected the Formation Nodes on the Leviathan.
– Renamed Overseer’s Shielding Buoy to Shield Wall Buoy.
– Fixed the rear booster placement on the Overseer.
– Renamed Paladin’s Lamprey Health Leech to Syphon Smart Gun.
– Renamed Paladin’s Lamprey Health Leech to Syphon Smart Gun.
– Renamed Persecutor’s Energy Leech Beam to Absorb Beam.
– Renamed Persecutor’s Energy Leech Drain to Absorb Drain Beam.
– Renamed Persecutor’s Energy Leech Siphon to Absorb Burst Beam.
– Added Energy Blink icon to the Persecutors Energy Blink ability.
– Pioneer now has descriptions for each of its extra loadout options.
– Renamed Pioneer’s Merlin Missiles to Pioneer Missiles.
– Renamed Protector’s SmartGun to Protector SmartGun.
– Renamed Protector’s Heavy SmartGun to HVY SmartGun.
– Renamed Protector’s Lamprey Drones to Syphon Drones.
– Raider’s Prox Grenades mag size now states 8 instead of 4 to reflect in-game functionality.
– Raiders Prox Grenades now have a description.
– Raider’s Missiles have been renamed to Raider Missiles.
– Renamed Raider’s Light Scalpel Beam to LGT Scalpel Beam.
– Renamed Raider’s Heavy Scalpel Beam to HVY Scalpel Beam.
– Renamed Raider’s Screen to Shield Wall.
– Renamed Raider’s Short Screen to Short Shield Wall.
– Renamed Raider’s Focus Screen to Focus Shield Wall.
– Renamed Raider’s Mark All Targets to Mark Target Pulse.
– Renamed Raider’s Skua Torpedo to Raider Torpedo.
– Renamed Raider’s Mag ProxGrenades to Impact Mines.
– Renamed Raider’s Skua Torpedo to Raider Torpedo.
– Ranger Prox Mines now have a description.
– Renamed Ranger’s Mines to Stealth Mines.
– Renamed Ranger’s Detect Slow to Detect/Slow Pulse.
– Renamed Ranger’s Kingfisher Missiles to Ranger Missiles.
– Raven’s key ability is now stated to be Absorb Charge instead of Drain/Recharge.
– Renamed Raven’s Raven Cannon to Absorb SmartGun.
– Renamed Raven’s Drain Cannon to Absorb Drain SmartGun.
– Renamed Raven’s Yield Cannon to Absorb Yield SmartGun.
– Renamed Raven’s Drain / Recharge to Absorb Charge.
– Renamed Raven’s Corvid Missiles to Raven Missiles.
– Renamed Raven’s Fighters to Raven Fighters.
– Fixed Azrael floating turrets
– Updated the Azrael Skin image to now say Azrael in logo.
– Renamed Reaper’s Light Cannon to LGT Reaper Cannon.
– Renamed Reaper’s Heavy Cannon to HVY Reaper Cannon.
– Renamed Reaper’s Fighters to Reaper Fighters.
– Renamed Reaper’s Corvid Missiles to Reaper Missiles.
– Sentinel’s key ability is now stated to be Thruster Pulse instead of Agility Boost.
– Fixed typo on Superlifter description.
– Superlifter Hawker Missiles and Engine now have a description.
– Renamed Superlifter’s Hawker Missiles to Lifter Missiles.
– Venturer now has descriptions on its non-default loadouts.
– Updated Venturer LOD’s missing decals down the sides.
– Renamed Venturer’s Light Mining Laser to LGT Mining Laser.
– Renamed Venturer’s HVY Mining Laser to HVY Mining Laser.
– Renamed Venturer’s Ripple Stone Cracker to Armor Breaker.
– Renamed Venturer’s Stone Splinter to Armor Breaker.
– Renamed Venturer’s Vulture Missiles to Plasma Missiles.
– Renamed Venturer’s Reinforced Shielding Buoy to Reinforced Shielding.
– Renamed Venturer’s Aeon Shielding Buoy to Aeon Shielding.
– Renamed Watchman’s Buzzard Missiles to Watchman Missiles.
– After visiting the Firing Range or Proving Grounds, the filter that prevents regular VO from triggering in those levels was not being reset correctly, now it is.
– Added functionality to allow player to spawn new ship at any time (so player doesn’t need to blow up the Colossus first). Also added support for Num pad +, – and 0.
– Fixed an issue where player could jump home when sitting on the jump home point, causing an audio bug. Added a second jump point in case player is blocking the first.
– Various fixes, including new VO lines, tweaks to timings and new AOE to reduce jump cooldown and enemy missile fire cooldown.
– Removed Proving Grounds steps during the results screen. Removed crew build step from the Proving Grounds. Removed XP boosters from results screen.
– Added a Motion Blur toggle to the Options
– Included latest versions of Alpha/Beta lanes with forward station shield fixes and new mine rotations
– Corrected typos in the in-game upgrade descriptions.
– Added more Skill icons to the game.
– Updated the loading screens page to be clearer and cover all ships.
– We now save the AutoTeamBalance teams information in the SpaceGameInstance. This information is used whenever a player reconnects to a matchmaking match and that player had not been registered as disconnected. This would sometimes cause a bug where that player would end up on the opposite team.
– Fighter projectile optimisations and visual changes.
– Fixed a possible cause of ship locations not being updated properly (resulting in ghost ships being seen in sectors sometimes, and ships not updating properly on the minimap).
– Fixed certain server logic such as squad retreat orders and cloak/decloak logic sometimes not being executed on clients properly under laggy conditions.
– Bombers can now rearm while defending their parent ship.
– Forward Station shield sections scaled up slightly – can no longer see through the gaps or target enemy ships concealed behind the shield, also can no longer blink into the shield and get stuck.
– Superlocked ships (such as the Paragon) are now correctly filtered by server validation.
– Since we are changing the Shipyard Tech Tree significantly there is a knock-on effect to players that will involve compensation being delivered. As always, our goal here is to ensure that no player feels as though they have lost out in the transition between systems.The removal of manufacturer experience means that we will reimburse players for XP they have accrued to date with the following system:
– All manufacturer XP players have not spent will be turned into credits at a rate of 1:10 (1 XP = 10 credits)
– All XP boosters used or unused by the player will be refunded at a rate of 120 Platinum each
– All XP spent on unlocking ships that have not then been bought with credits or Platinum will be refunded and converted into credits as outlined above
– Any variance in cost between ships and loadout options purchased and their initial new cost will be refunded in the appropriate currency (credits or Platinum)
– Premium Ships will become Ultimate Skins. With the exception of the Revenant Reaper, all Premium ship owners will receive an additional 2,000 Platinum per ship at the time of conversion
– We firmly believe that this new method of acquiring ships removes confusion surrounding the intended balance of each ship while giving players greater choice and control over the order of ships they unlock. Our initial expectation is that almost every player will be able to immediately unlock at least one new ship when the conversion happens.